The second round of 2020 RFA applications closed on September 04, 2020.
The first round of 2021 RFA applications is anticipated to open in late January 2021. Please check this website for details and scheduling information. Access to the sharepoint submission site is only available during the submission period. All submitters must request the XCAMS INFUSE resource again for each submission period; or obtain a new XCAMS account following the directions below if you do not have one from a previous submission. Accounts are only available during the submission period.
FES supports challenging research in five topical areas:
- enabling technologies
- materials science
- plasma diagnostics
- theory and simulation including artificial intelligence
- research requiring unique DOE experimental facilities
Applications should focus on basic research in order to be within the Congressionally authorized mission space of FES. Applications focused on commercialization aspects of fusion energy will not be considered.
It is now mandatory that prospective private-sector applicants identify and contact personnel at proposed DOE partner laboratories to establish feasibility prior to submitting a Request for Assistance (RFA) application. Please keep a “Record-of-Discussion” consisting of e-mail exchanges and notes concerning your discussions with lab PIs. A summary must be signed by both private and lab PIs and uploaded with the proposal along with a budget estimate. The INFUSE corporate information form also must be completed and uploaded during submission. Eligibility requirements are outlined here. Help on navigating the submission site can be found at http://INFUSE.ORNL.GOV/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/INFUSE_Submission_Interface_James.pdf
The terms and conditions are stipulated in the DOE CRADA agreements (see links below). Please review carefully for export control restrictions and intellectual property provisions. These terms are not negotiable.
- INFUSE Description
- Small Business Crada
- DOE Standard Crada
- Tips on writing a successful proposal
- RFA Submission Rules
- Guidelines for public abstracts
- Navigating the submission site
- List of required documents
Submission requires an XCAMS account. There are two options: new users go to case 1, existing accounts follow case 2.
1. New User
After you request an XCAMS account, you will receive the following notifications:
- A notification that your XCAMS account has been created and is activated.
- A notification from INFUSE that your access to the SharePoint site is in review for approval. NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG INTO THE SUBMISSION SITE UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN APPROVED.
- A notification from INFUSE once your access has been approved and that you’re ready to login.
2. Returning User with XCAMS Account
If you have an XCAMS account from the previous submission period, you will still need to re-request access to the INFUSE SharePoint site. Please follow the steps below:
- In the browser, navigate to https://xcams.ornl.gov/xcams/groups/infuse/
- Enter your email address into the prompt for email address (e.g., this needs to be the same email address you used before).
- You should be prompted for your existing username and password. Click submit after you enter this data into the appropriate fields. (If you have forgotten either, please navigate here: https://xcams.ornl.gov. Once you retrieve your username and password – start with number one above.)
- You will receive a notification from INFUSE that your access to the SharePoint site is in review for approval. NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG INTO THE SUBMISSION SITE UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN APPROVED.
- You will receive a final notification from INFUSE once your access has been approved and that you’re ready to login.
Accounts Set Up and Ready to Submit?
Once you receive an email notification notifying you that your account is ready, begin the submission process for your proposal using the orange button: