The first round of 2020 RFA applications will open on February 24, 2020. Depending on the proposal quality and resource allocations produced from the first call, a second call may occur in June 2020. However, a second call is not certain at this time.
More information on the 2020 Call can be found at http://INFUSE.ORNL.GOV/news/first-2020-rfa-call/
More details are also available on the sharepoint submission site.
FES supports challenging research in five topical areas:
- enabling technologies
- materials science
- plasma diagnostics
- theory and simulation including artificial intelligence
- research requiring unique DOE experimental facilities
Applications should focus on basic research in order to be within the Congressionally authorized mission space of FES. Applications focused on commercialization aspects of fusion energy will not be considered.
It is now mandatory that prospective private-sector applicants identify and contact personnel at proposed DOE partner laboratories to establish feasibility prior to submitting a Request for Assistance (RFA) application. Please keep a “Record-of-Discussion” consisting of e-mail exchanges and notes concerning your discussions with lab PIs. A summary must be signed by both private and lab PIs and uploaded with the proposal along with a budget estimate. The INFUSE corporate information form also must be completed and uploaded during submission. Help on navigating the submission site can be found at http://INFUSE.ORNL.GOV/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/INFUSE_Submission_Interface_James.pdf
The terms and conditions are stipulated in the DOE CRADA agreements (see links below). Please review carefully for export control restrictions and intellectual property provisions. These terms are not negotiable.
- INFUSE Description
- Small Business Crada
- DOE Standard Crada
- Tips on writing a successful proposal
- Guidelines for public abstracts
- Navigating the submission site
- List of required documents
Submission requires an XCAMS account. There are two options: new users go to case 1, existing accounts follow case 2.
1. New User
After you request an XCAMS account, you will receive the following notifications:
- A notification that your XCAMS account has been created and is activated.
- A notification from INFUSE that your access to the SharePoint site is in review for approval. NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG INTO THE SUBMISSION SITE UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN APPROVED.
- A notification from INFUSE once your access has been approved and that you’re ready to login.
2. Returning User with XCAMS Account
If you have an XCAMS account from the previous submission period, you will still need to re-request access to the INFUSE SharePoint site. Please follow the steps below:
- In the browser, navigate to https://xcams.ornl.gov/xcams/groups/infuse/
- Enter your email address into the prompt for email address (e.g., this needs to be the same email address you used before).
- You should be prompted for your existing username and password. Click submit after you enter this data into the appropriate fields. (If you have forgotten either, please navigate here: https://xcams.ornl.gov. Once you retrieve your username and password – start with number one above.)
- You will receive a notification from INFUSE that your access to the SharePoint site is in review for approval. NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG INTO THE SUBMISSION SITE UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN APPROVED.
- You will receive a final notification from INFUSE once your access has been approved and that you’re ready to login.
Accounts Set Up and Ready to Submit?
Once you receive an email notification notifying you that your account is ready, begin the submission process for your proposal using the orange button: